Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Juice Fast Days 23-24

Well the cheating continues. I must be pms'ing. I'm actually a couple days late.

On Day 23 (Tuesday) I started the day out fine, and had two cups of apple/carrot/strawberry/ginger juice. I was fine and full all day until around 8:00 at night, at which point I drove to Shoguns, a Japanese Hibachi restaurant. There, I ordered the house soup and seaweed salad, and a water. It was amazing.

On Day 24 (Wednesday, my day off), I also started the day out fine. I made two cups of apple/carrot/ginger/mango juice and again was fine for the rest of the day. I went to Yoga at 6:30, and it was an extra hard workout. Lori took us into a folded eagle position and then transitioned us into warrior 3. Oh God. I had to start fantasizing about food at that point. After Yoga, I went to Shoguns (again!) and ordered the house soup, a seaweed salad, and a vegetarian avocado cucumber maki roll. I used extra wasabi and ginger, and dipped each piece of sushi in a heaping bowl of low sodium soy sauce, and the flavors made me perspire and nearly hallucinate. It was incredible. Then I went and got gas, and bought some snacks in the gas station. This is when I really threw in the towel. I bought a yogurt-covered fruit and nut bar, and a package of circus peanuts and caramel chew candies, which I sucked on in bed while reading.

I have to be honest. I really wanted to lie about all this cheating. From the very first cheat on Day 7 I wanted to lie. But honestly, what good does that do if someone else tries a juice fast and finds themselves weak on some days and strong on others? Maybe there are people that can go 10/20/30 days without cheating. I can't. I couldn't. Maybe I will in the future.

One good thing I can pat myself on the back for is this: I haven't had alcohol in almost a month. I don't think I've ever consciously avoided wine and margaritas for so long. I've also avoided coffee, milk, ice cream, and meat altogether during this fast. And I'm at the point where a cup or two of juice in the morning sustains me all day long. I'd like to continue a lifelong habit of morning juicing, skipping lunch, and having a light, healthy dinner. Apart from maintaining a healthier weight, this way of eating keeps my energy good. I don't get groggy or fatigued during the day.

I ran out of Boku green superfood powder drink mix last week and ordered more, but it takes so long to ship. I probably won't get my shipment until this fast ends, but when it comes, I'll be more inclined to drink my glowing green smoothie drink in the evenings. Those green smoothies are so filled with fiber, they fill me up. Not drinking them in the past several days is probably why my willpower broke down and made me cheat.


No comments:

Post a Comment