Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012

Juice Fast Days 11-12: Pooping and Weight Loss





We all have undigested fecal matter stuck to the inside of our intestines (See Kimberly Snyder's Beauty Detox Solution). This is why our bowel movements as adults are often smaller than young children's turds.

Did you know that floating poop contains fat? Next time you endure a sweaty workout, pay attention to your excrement the following morning. It should float! You might even notice light yellow coloring in the poop, which is fat! Woo hoo! Very dark stool could be an indication of an ulcer, or too much iron in your diet, but more often than not it is just an indication of general laziness about your health and diet, and you can fix that. If there is blood in your stool, see a doctor. Green stool can be a result of eating too much spinach or other green vegetables, but is usually an indication of your food passing through you too quickly. What makes poop brown is bile, which is secreted by the liver. If your food passes through before the bile has time to do its job, you'll usually end up with greenish diarrhea. You can clean your liver with a supplement called Milk Thistle, though you probably have something else going on apart from the liver. Also, liver cancer is very rare in the US compared to other countries, so unless you're a heavy drinker or 90 years old, you probably don't have to worry about your liver.  Read more about poop colors here.

As our intestines age, one of the best ways to clean them out is through a juice fast. Another way to combat the undigested/partially digested fecal matter stuck to our insides is to get a colonic. I recommend a gravity colonic - look it up and start saving your money. I opted to start out with a juice fast.

I juiced all sorts of fruits and veggies for 30 days, and pretty much stuck to it. There were a couple slips, or cheats. Lots of really stinky poop came out during the fast. Some was like diarrhea, some was hard little pieces and ball-like chunks, there were all shades of yellow and brown, and some of my dumps looked to have foreign pieces of matter in them.

It was creepy and sobering to think all that nastiness had been stuck inside me for possibly decades. When poo is dried out and stuck inside you, it can be toxic to the body. Pieces of this encrusted foreign undigested matter, courtesy of GMO's and fast food and microwaves, is poisoning us as a nation. There are chemicals allowed in our America food supply that are banned all-together from other countries. Read more here.

As new food comes down your pipes, little pieces of the old, encrusted poo sometimes break away and float around the body. This self-poisoning can cause fatigue and depression, along with ugliness. Whenever I've done a cleansing or fast, I notice my skin get pasty white or yellowish. My rosy hue is gone. This is because the pieces of poo are breaking off more rapidly during a cleanse or fast, and they interrupt normal blood supply to your brain and skin surfaces. Deal with the ugliness. It's worth it.

After about 10 days of my juice fast, I felt beautiful again. I learned to respect natural foods, and look forward to the sweetness of fresh juiced apples and melons and tropical fruits like never before. I also learned that when not fasting, I should always have fruit in the morning anyways, because fruit needs to be eaten on an empty stomach. Fruit digests in 30 minutes and if you have something else in your stomach, it will cause a traffic jam and the fruit will be stuck inside you too long and it will ferment and turn into stinky farts.

Fruit also cleanses, and eating it first thing in the morning while your body is in its deepest stages of cleansing is not only good for you, but it saves energy your body would otherwise use up digesting a dense meal like eggs and bacon. You may as well plan on taking an afternoon nap everyday if you can't give up your hefty breakfasts. I should add that organic stone ground oatmeal is fine, and will digest in such a way as to give you more energy. But eat fruit, or at least a little piece of fruit, 30 minutes before consuming the oatmeal.

When I used to eat pizza, I wouldn't poop for days. So I suspected I had a slight intolerance to lactose. I now take a lactase enzyme for that. I also will be incorporating a daily probiotic into my daily life to help me digest all meals better. Our organs have a limited number of enzyme secretions they can give us before they fail, so any help we can give them through our lifetime is dire. I will also be eating a couple bites of pickled cabbage or Kimchi with my meals, since those food items are a cheaper but as-effective substitute for a daily probiotic.

It's important not to snack on too many different foods in a short amount of time. It causes a traffic jam and makes you gassy, tired, crampy, and constipated. It causes all sorts of problems. I recommend spacing out your food intake throughout the day, and giving up any "big meal." You don't have to sit down and have meat and potatoes for dinner. In fact, you shouldn't be eating meat at all, unless it comes from an animal that was grass or organic-grain fed. Read the book Skinny Bitch. It will blow your mind. They exploit the meat and dairy industry, as well as coffee, aspartame (and other carcinogenic sweeteners) and a host of other foods or ingredients you never had a clue were keeping you fat and miserable. And while you're at it, get the sequel cookbook, Skinny Bitch in the Kitch. 

Coffee is an addictive substance, and we can all agree it's not good to have an addiction. It's also a highly treated crop, sprayed with all sorts of deadly chemicals. And the caffeine isn't good for you either. The coffee industry has spent billion of dollars funding research that shows coffee is good for you, but these research studies are highly biased and done under faulty controls. Give up the coffee. Natural News recently published an article on a study that shows heavy coffee drinkers under the age of 55 have more than a 50% increased risk of dying from all causes. Read here.


Back to pooping, and the best way to get your pipes clean. Juicing naturally cleans your body of built up undigested fecal matter that has lined the inside of your intestinal walls for possibly decades. When all that encrusted poop breaks away from your intestines, future poop will be able to easily flow through. If you've ever seen how large a child's bowel movement is, you'll understand what is possible to discard from your own body once your pipes are clean.

If you're scared about jumping into a full fledged juice fast, I've got some advice for you. Get over yourself. You're doing your body a favor. You cripple yourself everyday you don't begin the juice fast. If you had a loved one who needed a blood donor and your blood matched their's, and the doctor told you that the blood transfusion would only work if you fasted for 3 days beforehand, you wouldn't even stop to think about grieving your coffee and donuts and dinners and snacks. You would just do it. So. You can do it. We've established that. Now go buy a juicer and some organic produce and get started. You may want to read Sharon Daniels' A Beginner's Guide to Juicing for juice recipe ideas.

Did I mention that the juice fast will cause you to poop? A lot?  Especially by the third or fourth day. It keeps coming! You will be amazed at how full of shit you are! HA!

Warning: You may experience boredom, zoning out, food thoughts that won't go away, not-all-there'ness, headaches from processed sugar and caffeine withdrawal, fatigue, and anxiety. That's great! Your mental energy and physical energy is being spent cleaning your organs and ridding your body of encrusted toxic undigested poo. Sit through it. Plan activities that don't require you to exert yourself. Read books, take naps, watch movies, find little organizational tasks around the house. You need to occupy yourself with something otherwise you will just sit there and go crazy.

If you have a problem with pooping too much, see a doctor. You may have cancer. Colon cancer is the number one cancer in the US. Coincidence? Nope. Clean out that poo!

Cancer is also the leading cause of childhood death in this country. We need to stop feeding our kids (well, your kids. I'm single and childless), toxic poison for breakfast (poptarts), processed meats for lunch (hot dogs and lunchables - thank you school cafeteria food!), and microwaved dinners. Enough is enough. Read more here, and also order the documentary Genetic Roulette here. This documentary will teach you everything you need to know about genetically modified foods.  

If you have lived your life experiencing pain when you poop, see a doctor. He can at least take a look up there. But if you can't afford to (thank you Obamacare website for not working!) try changing your diet. You might fear that juice will cause too much pooping, and more pain, and that is probably true, but remember the famous proverb, "this too shall pass." Eventually you will get all the poop out, and the juice will cleanse you, heal you, and digest mostly, if not fully as pee.  If you buy a Jack LaLanne juicer, you won't get much fiber. If pooping hurts you, you don't want the fiber, so a juicer like this is great. If you want the fiber (which will really help scrape that undigested fecal matter away more aggressively while also helping you feel full), go for it. I am using a Jack LaLanne only because I couldn't afford one of the nicer whole food pulverizing juicers. Someday.

I also recommend you visit NaturalNews.com everyday.  You can also "like" them on FaceBook and see their daily posts. They supply very current, educational health tips and they let you know what the FDA is getting sued over, and basic food recalls and ingredient warnings. Recently they had a story about McDonald's going out of business in the entire country of Bolivia, because the people banded together and boycotted it for so long. I'd like to see that happen in the US. It will have to pretty soon, because all the McDonalds' patrons are going to have to die before their time.



 ______________________________________________________________________________

Original post before editing (some good stuff I didn't want to let go of!)


I'm perfectly content with everything. Granted nobody's died and I have no real stress in my life, given I'm single and childless.

I watched A Baby Story on TLC a couple days ago and was thinking about all the poking and prodding pregnant women go through, and I thought, that is something I could never do. The woman in the episode got induced and I was sick to my stomach just thinking about having fluid pumped up my pee hole to put pressure on my bladder. A juice fast is easy compared to that.

Yesterday on Day 11 I ate a banana and juiced some apples/carrots/ginger/lemon/pear/celery for breakfast. Around mid-afternoon I juiced a golden zucchini squash/carrots/celery/apple for an early dinner. By dinnertime I wasn't even hungry, so I didn't make my glowing green smoothie or even indulge in a glass of coconut almond milk. I didn't have any Fire Cider either, my other new indulgence. I've just felt so... content. Not extremely happy or energetic, just balanced.

Today on Day 12 I juiced my typical morning fruits and will blend my glowing green smoothie later.

I want to take a minute to address weight loss. Some people think juicing is a great way to lose weight. Not! Heavy weight boxers and Sumo wrestlers typically juice to gain weight. You can pack a lot of calories and sugar into a morning fruit juice especially.

Juicing initially causes you to poop a lot. This poop is not your typical poop. It's undigested fecal matter that has lined your intestinal walls for years. The loosening of all this sludge makes you tired, moody, and ugly. The sludge gets broken up and enters the bloodstream and goes everywhere, even in the tiny veins in your face, so you might not want to look in the mirror on your first couple days of juicing.

But eventually you poop all the sludge out. That's one reason people lose a lot of weight the first time they do a juice fast. Then your entire digestive tract is clean and working more efficiently. But if you work your way up to a 30 or 60 day juice fast (The documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead suggests a 60-90 day juice fast), your body will cannibalize its own fat and you'll get very skinny. So weight loss with juicing can be a long-term goal, but not a short-term one.

Everyone has a certain weight they want to stay under. For me, that number is 140 lbs. In high school I got up to 150 lbs once, but mostly kept it around 135. Now at 31 years old, my ideal weight is 130. And today I weighed in at 129 lbs. I feel good about this, but not great. Let me explain why:

On my first 3 day juice fast in July, I dropped 7 lbs. Then gained it back in 2 weeks.

On my 10 day juice fast in August, I dropped 10 lbs. And gained it back in a month.

Here I am on day 12 of my 30 day juice fast, and I've barely lost 7 or 8 lbs. This is because I pooped out all my internal caked-on gunk during my first 2 juice fasts.  If you really want to know, I have only pooped twice this week. And it's Friday. One dump run was due to cheating on Sunday with 3 slices of vegan gluten-free pizza and some soup and calamari. And the second poo came after drinking the glowing green smoothie 2 days ago. Otherwise, if I'm just juicing, I'm just peeing. It's nice to know my intestines are clean. And my body is beginning to cannibalize its own fat now, because my fat intake is limited to an occasional banana or half avocado a few days a week, and my caloric intake is under 1,000 calories/day. I don't feel at all restricted. And my cravings are gone. My taste buds have been desensitized, which I realized after cheating on day 7 with pizza and such, and not enjoying it very much. Everything tasted like cardboard, though the texture of the pizza crust and the garlic/olives/banana peppers on the calamari was enjoyable. I can taste strong natural herbs/seasonings and enjoy doing so with the Fire Cider I discovered. I'll probably sip on a shot glass of Fire Cider tonight. Just thinking about it makes my mouth fill to the brim with saliva.

I can taste my juices, too. But cereal, cookies, candy, bread, pasta, pancakes, meat, cheese, rice, ice cream... none of these things cross my mind anymore. I look at them and prepare meals while babysitting and experience smells but no internal trigger to eat or desire them. They don't even seem like food. Just cardboard. Things taking up space in the pantry. Not the temptations they were just a couple weeks ago.

If you have any personal questions about doing a juice fast, feel free to Follow me on FaceBook

Leaving a comment below is problematic because one you've typed your question, it will disappear if you aren't logged into gmail. I've had several readers complain they lost their question or comment and didn't even get a prompt or warning to sign in. Sorry to those of you this happened to. I'd love to hear from you via email in the future if you'd like to chat about your health concerns.





















<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Erin's Diary -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:300px;height:600px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-7304656387945773"
     data-ad-slot="6998737413"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>




3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha this made me laugh. Hilarious. I too have just started juicing, well I am using a blendtec stealth and it pulverizes the fruits and veggies.

    I'm now experiencing the stinky farts and lots of poop stage. Not fun. My problem is I am having a hard time sticking to my plan of a 7 day juice fast. I have a terrible addiction to food. I'm a mom of two, 3, and 1. And we go out a lot and sometimes I find myself hungry, like today, and stop for Starbucks. If I'm getting the kids a snack, well I cave and get myself one too. Its tough. I'm also trying to lose some baby weight. 30 pounds to be exact. But really am just hoping to improve my energy levels without coffee and have a healthy diet for once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was loving everything you were writing until you put that you caloric intake is under 1000 calories. I've read an exaggerated amount of health and weight loss books, articles, magazines , blogs ect. And everything I've read goes against going under 1000 calorie diet as your body can go into starvation mode. Regardless of feeling satisfied, this is considered an unhealthy diet which seems like a contradiction to the point you are trying to get across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same Alexandra. I am on day 19 of 30 on just juicing with juicingsupportnetwork.com We are advised not to look at calories just to try very hard to stick to the 80/20 rule when making a juice. 80 veg 20 fruit. This comes with time and getting used to green juices. This is my second juice fest the last was 60 days. I love juicing its the best thing I have found to lose weight. And getting rid of a number of sickness at the same time.. Its amazing!

      Delete